Unleash the Power of Mobility With a Wireless Headset
The Poly Voyager 5200 Wireless Headset is an outstanding business-oriented Bluetooth headset. It offers robust, clear, and reliable hands-free audio, making it an ideal companion for mobile professionals who need to be ready to take calls anytime, anywhere.
The Voyager 5200 headset boasts an ergonomic over-the-ear design, allowing for comfortable all-day wear. It comes with WindSmart technology, which ensures your voice comes through clearly, even in disruptive outdoor wind environments. The headset features four adaptive microphones and proprietary DSP which isolates voice and minimizes background noise.
The Voyager 5200 also has smart sensor technology that detects when the headset is being worn—so it can automatically answer calls as you place the headset on your ear or redirect audio to your phone when you set down your headset. Additionally, it offers voice control for Siri, Google Now, and Cortana, enabling you to use voice commands for hands-free operation.
Top Wireless Headsets of 2023
Poly Voyager 5200 Wireless Headset (Plantronics)
After a full year of daily use, I can confidently say that the Poly Voyager 5200 has become my indispensable communication tool. This is no ordinary headset – its performance and features have consistently impressed me.
One aspect that really stands out is the robustness of the Voyager 5200. It’s endured countless conference calls, remote meetings, and even the odd accidental drop, yet it still performs like it’s brand new. The audio clarity is exceptional – my voice is always heard clearly, and I can hear others just as well.
The WindSmart technology is not just a fancy term – it genuinely works. Even during calls taken outdoors in breezy conditions, my voice has remained clear and audible, without any wind interference. It’s a feature that has saved me from countless reiterations and misunderstandings.
The smart sensor technology is another highlight, ensuring seamless interactions. I love how it intuitively knows when I have the headset on or off – auto-answering calls when I put it on, and redirecting the audio to my phone when I take it off. It’s a subtle feature that brings in a high level of convenience.
I decided to invest in the optional charging case, which, in my opinion, is a must-have for heavy users. It’s given me so much more mobility, and I don’t have to worry about running out of battery during important calls. While it’s an additional cost, the added value it brings in terms of usability is worth every penny.
In conclusion, if you’re looking for a reliable, high-quality headset that can handle the demands of professional use, the Poly Voyager 5200 should be at the top of your list. Its standout features and consistent performance have made it my go-to headset for over a year, and I can’t imagine my work routine without it.
- Outstanding Audio Quality: With four adaptive microphones and proprietary DSP, the Voyager 5200 offers clear, robust, and reliable audio.
- WindSmart Technology: This feature ensures your voice comes through clearly, even in disruptive outdoor wind environments.
- Smart Sensor Technology: The headset can detect when it’s being worn, automatically answering calls as you put it on, or redirecting audio to your phone when you take it off.
- Voice Control: It offers voice control for Siri, Google Now, and Cortana, enabling hands-free operation.
- Comfortable and Ergonomic Design: The over-the-ear design allows for comfortable all-day wear.
- Dependent on Additional Accessories for Extended Usability: The optional charging case, while extending its usability, is sold separately and could be an added expense for users.
- Lack of Customization: Unlike some other models, the Voyager 5200 may not offer extensive customization options for the user.
- Price: Given its robust feature set, the Voyager 5200 might be priced higher than some other models on the market, which could be a con for budget-conscious users.
- Not Ideal for Music: Although it provides excellent voice audio quality, it might not offer the same level of sound quality for music listening.
BlueParrott M300-XT SE Mono Bluetooth Wireless Headset
I can affirm that it’s a worthy contender in my top three headsets. As someone who highly values clear communication and convenience, this headset has proven itself to be more than just a backup to my Poly Voyager 5200.
Right off the bat, the M300-XT surprised me with its superior noise cancellation capabilities. The engineering behind this feature is truly remarkable and it’s proven to be a game-changer during calls in noisy environments. I’ve taken calls in bustling cafes and busy streets, and each time, the person on the other end could hear me clearly without being distracted by background noise.
What makes the M300-XT stand out to me is its impressive battery life. On a single charge, it easily lasts through my longest workdays. This has given me the confidence to carry it around without the constant worry of finding a power source to recharge. It’s become my reliable companion during travel or on those extra-long workdays.
The design of the M300-XT leans towards function over form, which I appreciate. It’s lightweight and comfortable enough for long periods of use without causing any discomfort. The controls are easy to navigate, even while on the move, which adds to the overall user-friendly experience.
One area where I feel the M300-XT could improve is in its smart features. While it does offer voice control, it’s not as intuitive or seamless as the Poly Voyager 5200. However, it’s a minor trade-off considering its other strong attributes.
In conclusion, the BlueParrott M300-XT is a strong performer that has earned its place as my second favorite headset. It delivers where it matters – clear communication, exceptional battery life, and comfortable wear. Despite a few minor shortcomings, it’s a headset I would recommend to any professional in need of a reliable communication tool.
- Excellent Noise Cancellation: The M300-XT has superior noise cancellation capabilities, making it ideal for calls in noisy environments.
- Impressive Battery Life: With long battery life on a single charge, the M300-XT is a reliable choice for extended use.
- Comfortable Design: The headset is lightweight and comfortable enough for prolonged wear, which can be beneficial for users who spend long hours on calls.
- Easy-to-Use Controls: The controls are easy to navigate, even when you’re on the move, enhancing the overall user experience.
- Limited Smart Features: The M300-XT offers voice control, but it’s not as intuitive or seamless as some other models on the market.
- Aesthetic Design: While functional, the design of the M300-XT may not be as appealing to users who prioritize stylish aesthetics.
- Sound Quality for Music: While the headset offers excellent voice audio quality, the sound quality for music might not be as high.
- Possible Compatibility Issues: Some users might experience compatibility issues with certain devices or platforms.
Jabra Talk 35 Noise Cancelling True HD Bluetooth Universal Wireless Mono Headset
After spending a few weeks with the Jabra Talk 35, I can confidently say that it’s an impressive in-ear Bluetooth headset that lives up to the hype. The high-definition (HD) voice feature shines through in daily use, producing crystal-clear audio on all my calls. Whether I was in a bustling café or a noisy street, the powerful noise cancellation technology ensured that my communication remained clear and uninterrupted.
What really stood out for me with the Talk 35 was its intelligent built-in motion sensor. It recognized when I was in my car and cleverly switched to an ‘in-car mode.’ This handy feature added an extra layer of convenience during my busy commutes.
In terms of battery life, the Talk 35 held its own. Over my testing period, it consistently offered around 6 hours of talk time on a single charge. I found this to be more than enough for my daily usage. When not in use, it comfortably lasted up to 9 days on standby.
Overall, the Jabra Talk 35 has impressed me with its smart features and robust performance.
- HD Voice: The Jabra Talk 35 offers High Definition voice for crystal clear audio, ensuring high-quality communication.
- Noise Cancellation: The headset comes with noise-cancelling technology, which can be very effective in reducing background noise during calls.
- Universal Compatibility: As a Bluetooth headset, it should be compatible with most Bluetooth-enabled devices, providing wide usability.
- Comfortable Design: The Jabra Talk 35 is known for its comfortable fit, making it suitable for extended wear.
- Battery Life: While it offers decent battery life, it may not last as long as some other models in the market, potentially requiring more frequent charging.
- Limited Advanced Features: The Jabra Talk 35 may lack some of the advanced features found in more expensive or newer models, such as smart sensors or extensive voice command capabilities.
- Single Ear Design: The mono design may not be preferred by users who like stereo sound or want audio in both ears.
- Audio Quality for Music: While it provides excellent voice audio quality, the sound quality for music might not be as high as some users would like.
Dont Forget the Accessories:
Poly Voyager 5200 Charge Case
The Poly Voyager 5200 Charge Case is an essential accessory for those on the go. This portable case protects the headset and holds up to two full charges, allowing the Voyager 5200 headset to recharge on the go. This significantly extends the headset’s power, making it a must-have for long business trips or days where you’re away from a power source.
Other accessories for the Voyager 5200 include the USB Bluetooth Adapter (BT600), which provides an enhanced Bluetooth connection to your PC for Voyager 5200. The Eartip kit is also available for replacement or for finding the perfect fit for your ears.
Each of these headsets has its strengths. The Poly Voyager 5200’s smart sensor technology and optional charging case make it an excellent choice for on-the-go professionals. The BlueParrott M300-XT’s superior noise cancellation and durability make it perfect for challenging or outdoor environments. Lastly, the Jabra Talk 35’s HD Voice technology and motion sensor features make it a strong contender for those who spend a lot of time in the car.
Choosing between these three will come down to your specific needs and use case. All three are excellent choices in their own right.